Having talked about various types of special GST return filings, we come to GSTR- 7, which is related to Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) under the new GST regime.
What is GSTR – 7 Return?
Registered taxpayers who are required to deduct tax at source under GST, need to furnish GSTR – 7. The details furnished by the operator are made available electronically to every supplier in Part C of GSTR -2A on the GST Portal, post the due date for filing GSTR – 7
Who should file GSTR – 7 Return?
Every registered taxpayer, who under section 37 is required to deducts tax at source, needs to furnish a return form GSTR – 7 electronically at the GST portal.
Due Date for filing GSTR – 7 Return?
GSTR – 7, needs to be paid by every 10th of the succeeding tax period. For November, GSTR-7 return must be filed on or before 10th December.
Information to be filed in Form GSTR- 7
- GSTIN: The state-wise PAN-based 15-digit GSTIN (Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number) received from the government needs to be entered in this field.
- Name of Deductor: The name of the deductor will be auto-populated in this field, at the time of logging in.
- Return Period: The relevant month and year respectively need to be selected from a drop-down menu, for which the GSTR – 7 is being filed in this field.
- TDS Details: In this field, the text deductor is supposed to enter various details like, GSTIN of the deductee, details of the contract invoice, date of payment to the deductee and the value on which the TDS is supposed to be deducted. On the basis of this information, the TDS on IGST/CGST/SGST get calculated.
- Revision in TDS details: Any revisions made in the invoice, contract details or TDS can be made in this field. The mentioned changes will revise the TDS certificate in GSTR – 7A accordingly.
- Liability Payable and Paid: The information furnished above will auto-populate the TDS liability, which will also include information about the payable and paid GST. Other included details will be of interest on the delayed payment of TDS/late fee.
- Refund Claimed: Refund received if any, into the bank account from ECL (Electronic Cash Ledger) shall get auto-populated here.
Once all the information is furnished and verified post-signing an electronic declaration, GSTR – 7 is submitted to the GST Portal. To make your filing seamless, you can use third-party software, such as GreenGST, rather than filing GSTR – 7 directly on GSTN portal and let us assist you with all your GST related needs and queries.