GSTIN (GST Identification number) is of crucial importance for any business, individual or firm to claim input tax credit of GST, paid by them. However, with so many GST terminologies, a plethora of intricacies have eloped along, documenting GST as a more complex tax regime than it really is! However, the process of obtaining GSTIN is pretty plain sailing.
How to get GSTIN?
A provisional ID is issued by state government commercial tax department; that helps in the procurement of GSTIN, i.e. enrollment for GST online. Procurement of GSTIN is a simple and straightforward process. All you have to do is –
- Hop onto https://www.gst.gov.in/ and create your username and password using your provisional ID.
- Sign in to GST portal, using your new Sign in Details.
- Fill up the entire mandatory fields in the enrollment application.
- Proofread and verify auto populated details.
- Sign enrollment application electronically.
- Submit enrollment application along with the necessary documents.
- If all the details are satisfactory, an Application reference number (ARN) will be issued, the ID status will be set to migrated.
- On appointment date, the provisional ID will become active.
It is that easy!