To completing the last step of being well-familiar with GST Registration, we will elaborate on how to Amend / Cancel / Revoke Cancellation – Registration details.
How to Amend GST Registration Details?
- When there is any change to be made in the information furnished in the application for registration in Form GST REG-01 or Form GST REG-07 or Form GST REG-09 or Form GST REG-10 – it must all be submitted within 15 days from the date of such changes in Form GST REG – 13.
- If there are specific changes in Form GST REG-13 such as change in name of the business, managing committee, and so on, it requires approval from an officer. After verification, an approval order by the officer is sent in Form GST REG – 14 amend the details.
- Please note, if there be any changes related to the business details such as change in PAN number of the registered tax payer then it requires a New Registration to be done in Form GST REG-01.
How to Apply for Cancellation of Registration
- A registered taxable person should submit application for cancellation registration in Form GST REG-14 and also specify relevant details such as closing stock, moving business to another location , etc.
- Within 7 days, an officer will review the application and issue a show cause notice in Form GST REG-15 seeking for reasons for cancellation of registration.
- On hearing the reason for cancelling the registration from the registered taxable person, the officer verifies and approves the cancellation order in Form GST REG-16 which is issued within 30 days from the date of receipt of Form GST REG-15 or date of show cause.
Please note: If a taxable person has willingly registered under GST, he may apply for Cancellation only after completing a year of registration. And, will be released after the officer has heard the cause for cancellation and after checking that the taxable person has no tax to clear or any penalty to pay for.
How to Revoke a Cancelled Registration?
Revoke in this context means, to say officially that the registered taxable person’s GST Registration is no longer in effect.
- If the registration is cancelled by an officer, the taxable person can apply for revocation of cancelled registration in Form GST REG-17 within 30 days from date of cancellation order.
- If the officer requires additional details or clarification, Form GST REG-3 is issued within 3 working days and the taxable person will have to respond within 7 working days by providing additional details in Form GST REG-4.
- If the information provided is satisfactory, the office revokes the cancellation by issuing an order in Form GST REG-18 (within 30 days from date of such application).
- If the information provided is not satisfactory, then the officer issues a show cause notice in Form GST REG-19 and hearing. On hearing the cause for revoking the cancellation registration, if the officer is still convinced with the cause fro revoking the registration, he rejects the revocation application in Form GST REG-5.